Darren is a consultant at Knowles Husain Lindsay. His portfolio of experience is extensive, and he is a respected and registered patent attorney, attorney and tax practitioner. A significant part of Darren’s practice is devoted to the maintenance of large, high-profile, global patent and trademark portfolios. To add to his experience and knowledge, Darren has a particular specialisation in the commercialisation of IP, research and development tax incentives, and exchange control matters having IP at its core.
Darren has conducted technical, contractual and legal work for several clients across a broad range of industries, including the pharmaceutical, petrochemical, electronics, explosives, cosmetics, weapons and telecommunications industries, amongst others.
Some of Darren’s achievements and experience include:
- Board Member (director) of the Licensing Executives Society Of South Africa
- Fellow: South African Institute Of Intellectual Property Law
- Contributing author to Lexis Nexis’ Law Of Patents, Law Of Designs in South Africa.
- Contributor / advisor to the National Treasury: preparation of income tax legislation pertaining to R&D tax incentives
- Lead IP attorney to the world’s largest luxury safari group
- Lead IP attorney to one of the world’s top rugby teams